Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Final Reflection

By the end of this coarse, I really picked up on a lot of useful and interesting ideas and tips about food and culture. Through a lot of the research and writing completed this quarter I have defiantly made changes to my own perspective and diet as well. The biggest component of this that I really began to dig deep into was the idea behind the media and it's deception of "healthy eating" towards the public.  This became a bigger issue to me because not until much of my research, did I realize what I was really missing in this big picture. There is so much to learn about the food industry and years of research couldn't even begin to cover it all.  Through all of the knowledge in this class, I can confidently make smarter choices in my diet and easily learn to develop these good habits to carry on with me later in life. 

2 comments:

  1. I agree that this class helped me realize how the media often manipulates the market by deciding what is "healthy". I will not be so easily persuaded in the future and instead go for more raw foods such as fruit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Being able to understand the media's manipulation of "healthy" sounds like a critical reading skill. That's a good thing to practice.

    ReplyDelete